I know this is a little random, but I often have people ask what I do for exercise, and how I lost weight after I had gained during college, so I thought I would share my 2 cents on the matter, and give you a recipe for my go to 'post-workout' protein shake!
1. Don't be afraid to lift if you're a woman, you won't get too big, and muscle uses more calories during the day!
2. Find what kind of exercise you like more, there is no one size fits all to what you should be doing. For me, it's a combination of spinning, boxing, and lifting.
3. Don't try to starve yourself or cut out too much when it comes to dieting. This is a lifestyle change, not just a two month commitment if you want to stay at your goal. The way I did this was to just cut down on my initial portions and really slow down to listen to when I was full.
4. Don't waste calories on food that doesn't taste good.
5. Eating while you are distracted (in social situations or in front of the tv) is actually proven to make it take longer to feel satisfied with your meal.
6. Refuse to buy food that you don't want to eat later.
7. Care more about how you feel when you look in the mirror rather than what the scale says!
You have about half an hour to replenish your body after you workout, here is my recipe:
Here is how to make it:
2/3 c Milk
1/3 c Water
1 or 2 Scoops of your favorite Protein Powder (I use Trader Joe's Vanilla Soy Protein Powder)
1 1/2 tbs cocoa powder
1 1/2 tbs stevia (I use Truvia) or real sugar or sugar substitute
Optional: add chunks of frozen banana or
1 tsp PB2 (peanut powder that I love!)
Blend and Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, you can pre mix your dry ingredients in a container and just add the liquid after your workout!